Rebeccah's Inner Sanctum

Follow me on my journey through premed.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Stupid Crook Stories

Here are two real-life stupid crook stories that took place in my area.

First, last month in Farmington, Maine, a man walked into Howard's Rexall and demanded that the pharmacist give him oxycodone or else he was going to "blow the place up". The pharmacist simply looked at him and said, "I don't care what you say, I'm not giving you any pills. Now get out of here." And he did. He went to the Wal-Mart Pharmacy and they gave him an undisclosed number of harmless pills (vitamins, etc). I know from working there that all Wal-Mart employees are told to just go along with whatever someone like that says. Well, about a week later, the guy turned himself in, saying "I have a problem and I need help." Ya think? Hats off to that pharmacist at Howard's.

Then, last week in Jay, Maine (2 towns away), a woman was at her mother's house, helping out around the house. She heard a tapping on the door but was in the middle of doing something, so she didn't get to the door right away. When she did, she saw that someone was trying to force the door open. She quickly opened the door all the way, startling the would-be burglar. She told him, sternly, "Shame on you! Now, you get in here, you sit on this chair, sit on your hands and you wait while I call the police!" He did as he was told! He was 30 years old. He told the police, "I just break into places sometimes when I get bored." Ever hear of Solitaire? Hats off to the authoritative lady.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home