Rebeccah's Inner Sanctum

Follow me on my journey through premed.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Bad News and Good News

Okay, the bad news first. My uncle Charles in Seattle has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. He has been given two months to live. My mom and I are trying to come up with funds to fly out there to help with his care for 3 weeks. I have never met him, but I know that he is a very intelligent, very accomplished man. He graduated from MIT, I think, and I know he has owned several successful businesses. It must be very hard for a man of his genius to have to depend on others for his care. He can't even lift a spoon to his mouth. I'm not really sure how I feel about all this just yet.

Well, let's move on to the good news. First of all, I am fairly certain that I've hit on the right pill to regulate this depression. I have been more interested in things, more active, less tired, and much more hopeful. I have gone back to obsessively writing lists about everything; this may sound more like a nutty thing to do, but it's actually just how my mind works. I like lists. And when I write them, it's an indicator that I'm hopeful and planning for the future, even if that only means for the day ahead. I'm getting back to my own version of normal, and I'm very relieved.

I forgot to mention that my little brother crashed the Jeep (that would go under bad news); but we're getting it fixed. Jacob will be taking that one back and forth to work at Sugarloaf, and my mom got a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Laredo. I love it! It's silver with a black leather interior, heated seats, lumbar support, moon roof, CD player and tape player, great sound system, and lots of "bells and whistles". It's got a lot of miles on it, but it's working beautifully, except for a few very small things which will be fixed by Tuesday. Plus, the payments are only $100/month, less than a third of what the other Jeep cost.

I know it's been a while since I posted about the radio station situation, but I wanted to be sure I had the story straight. They did have a meeting, and they assured everyone that they would make an effort to keep everyone in the loop, and apologized for the way they were acting. They told the secretary that she needs to learn how to do the bookkeeping on the computer; but she hates computers, so we'll see. The DJ's are all going to keep their jobs. My mom has even been offered some extra hours as a fill-in DJ at one of their other radio stations. They have lots of grand plans, and I don't think all of them are good ideas, but it's their business and they'll figure it out eventually. They're starting to really listen to everyone's ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home