Rebeccah's Inner Sanctum

Follow me on my journey through premed.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I Used To Believe...

So I'm not going out to Seattle like I thought. My uncle has always been a little eccentric; he won't allow anyone to see him except his three sisters and his son. Even his ex-wife and his brother-in-law are only allowed into the kitchen, and that's only been in the last few weeks. So he won't let me go. I know it's not personal, he's just embarrassed and wants to hang onto his dignity. It's alright. At least now I'll be able to take care of the house while my mom's away in Seattle. My brother and my dad wouldn't know how to take care of the house, the pets or even themselves.
I want to point you all to an awesome website I discovered a few months ago called I Used To Believe. It's not as esoteric as it may sound; it is a treasure trove of all the funny misconceptions we all had as kids. For example, users write:
"I used to think that a one-way ticket meant you could never ever come back. Couldn't understand why anybody would ever buy one..."
"Because all my mother's childhood pictures are in black and white-- I actually used to believe that colour was a modern day thing and everything in the world was black and white before colour was "invented"."
"Every morning before my dad would leave for work he would tell me that he was off to make some money. I really thought that he spent his days at a machine creating pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters."
Well, here are some of my own:
My dad used to tell us about bugs called "Dirty Red Knuckle Biters", and we always thought they were the culprits whenever we got mosquito bites on our knuckles.
I used to think (when I was 4 or 5) that under my bed lived a turtle, a raccoon and an alligator, and they would watch me in my sleep and dive under my bed when I'd try to see them.
I used to think that maxi pads were special toilet paper that only mommies could use.
Anyone else have some interesting former misconceptions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home